Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Camera Issues again

Finally have my camera back. If you follow along, you will know that I sent my camera in for service just last July, to be cleaned, dust on the sensor...got it back fairly quickly. Well this year, less than 9 months later, I had a few more spots that were just in the way for light background pictures. Tried to do the air cleaning, you know move the dust/dirt around with air, and hope the place it lands in outside the picture. It didn't work, still had spots. So a week ago Wednesday, sent it off to Canon again, to get it cleaned. Got it back yesterday, shortly going to check it out, and try my first picture for the weekly contest, hopes it is clean.

I have been reading online about others that are/were skeptical about trying to clean their sensor's themselves. There is a web site about one method, the Copper Hill method. I had stumbled across it while researching a little about how to prevent/ or self-clean my camera. Ironically a few days later a buddy came across an article on one of his reader feeds. He had just started to use this same Copper Hill method and thought it was useful and safe with in reason.

Will probably try this myself, next time (if there is one haha) I have dust on the sensor. However, I will try to be more diligent in preventing the problem, before it gets there!!

No comments: