Sunday, December 25, 2005

Speaking of Photos

Soon I will have no excuse for not taking more photos, for our weekly competition. I have inside knowledge of one of my Yule time presents that is only a few short hours from being opened... a new Canon Lens!!! 70-300mm F4-5.6 IS Lens!!

So did I peek in my packages, did I sneak through the boxes before they were wrapped? No of course not, what fun would that be?!?!


No, my wonderful wife wanted to get me something great for my birthday, and started looking into a lens for me. Realizing how expensive they are, she decided to consult with me about what to get. Typically when spending this kind of dough, I drug my feet. Even with her prodding me every week or 2, I just couldn't decide what lens to buy. Finally I decided the more expensive Canon with Image stabilization. I know we could have saved a couple of hundred bucks getting a Tamron with out IS, but then we would have been tied to ALWAYS using a tripod with the lens. The IS makes it so you can 'get away' with hand held in some conditions. Knowing myself (and my wife who is a very good photographer, too) that was a necessity (the IS).

So finally and just in time for Yule, I decided and we ordered the Lens, so I know what I am getting....what a wonderful and supporting wife I have!!!!


But back to the beginning, so with the new lens, I will be pushing myself to try to take at least 50 photos a week, and if I can't get 1 that is good enough for posting to our weekly contest, then I need to re-think my possible Retirement income plans......

Good night and Merry Yule to the world, Hopefully we are moving to a better year, and can put the many disasters of 2005 behind us!!

1 comment:

Phil said...

If you want to loose it somewhere, I have a good home for it ;). You'll have to bring it into work so I can check it out after New Years. Congrats and enjoy.