Sunday, July 09, 2006

Camera Issues

Finally capitulated and sent my digital camera in for a professional service/cleaning. I have been having trouble with dust and 'cloudiness' on certain pictures that I have taken. I know that it is on the mirror or sensor, because it didn't matter which lens was on the camera body, the problems were in the same place on my captures. I have tried in vain to clean it myself, and nothing has worked. If I take pictures that are fully filled with subject matter that is varied in colors, the problem is mitigated pretty well. However I take lots of landscapes with the sky very prominent, and they look like there is a wave crossing the sky, with dark specs in the waves (ugly!!!).
So off to Canon it went, hope to hear from them on Monday or Tuesday as to what the cleaning will set me back. They look over the camera and send a confirmation email to let you know how much it will cost, then you approve it.
They say once you confirm it, you should get the camera back in 7 days under normal conditions. Let's hope it does!!

No comments: