Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Fantasy Football

Well spent a couple of hours last night hanging with some guys at work, and we drafted our Fantasy Football teams for this year. Had a lot of fun last year in this same league, made some trades, and played with the Free Agents through the season. Did ok for the regular season, squeaked in for the playoffs and did ok, fourth I think.
This year I started at the 4th pick and missed out for who I would have taken first if I could have: Peyton Manning, LaDainian Tomlinson or Shaun Alexander. Settled for Edgerrin James. Our league will be giving points for Receptions this year, so Backs who get yards, TDs and can catch the ball were premium. I also grabbed Brian Westbrook my next pick (25th overall). Concentrated on RB and WR, and got left in the dust for QB's, hope it doesn't come back to haunt me. Picked a decent TE in Dallas Clark, and got last year's best Kicker in Vinatieri. Defense is Indianapolis (!), which I hope will surprise me. They were in the top 5 on nearly every list I saw on the Net for FF, I suppose because once Manning gets up 3 TD's, the opposing Offense starts making mistakes trying to catch up...hope they are all correct.
Hoping on a good season, with the team, but will no doubt have lots of fun giving and getting crap about wins and losses with everyone in the league!!!

No comments: